Monday, July 21, 2014

Chcagoland weekend+ a slice of my life

Hey folks! Here's my take on the standalone (the Cup was off) Nationwide race at Chicagoland. This was the only race in a series I blog about but the regional series NASCAR drivers were racing and ARCA, a NASCAR feeder series raced at Chicagoland. The regional series and ARCA races are on TV channels I don't get home, as we don't have cable TV.  These means I don't know the drivers' names as good. Trucks are on cable TV, but some Cup drivers race in it, particularly if they own Truck teams or their Cup team's owner has Trucks.


Saturday night was the Nationwide race. Rookie Chase Elliott won with 85 laps led, followed by Trevor Bayne with 14 laps led, Kyle Larson with 23 laps led, Kasey Kahne with 3 laps led and rookie Ty Dillon. Rounding out the top-10 were Brian Scott with 20 laps led, Erik Jones with 2 laps led, Chris Buescher with 1 lap led, Ryan Blaney with 47 laps led and Elliott Sadler with 1 lap led. Dakoda Armstrong led 1 lap before a 20th place. James Buescher led 3 laps before he finished 23rd. Ty Dillon thinks  the championship's "a four car race" and Trevor Bayne says it's a 6 car race. Trevor believes he has a shot and he's 6th in points. I think it's a four car race but not the way Ty does. Ty's four are Chase Elliott, Regan Smith, Elliott Sadler and himself. My four are Regan Smith, Elliott Sadler, Brian Scott and Trevor Bayne. The most points drivers can earn in a race is 48 and I feel any driver in the top 6 that's within 72 points of the leader has a shot. The high end 48-72's my long shot range, which Trevor at -50 falls into. 72> 50, so that's my logic. Chase and Ty are Rookie of the Year contenders. Rookies don't win championships, in my opinion.


My mom had some minor surgery to clean up the sites after one of her check-ups. There was some dead tissue there, but it's gone and she's recovering. She has another check-up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment