Monday, February 3, 2014

Autism Reading+Movies

Over the course of many years, I've read some stuff about autism and seen some movies. Here's a list.
Reading
Magazine articles about autistic boys and girls
Things online
Temple Grandin books. She came to a town near me to give a talk about cattle and another about autism. I went to the latter with my mom and we met her. I was in high school then
George and Sam
Louder Than Words
Mother Warriors
The Small Outsider ( autistic boy story. read an abridged version in a Reader's Digest Condensed Books from an apartment complex my mom took care of some people at. It has a little library.)
Healing and Preventing Autism
Carly's Voice
Let Me Hear Your Voice
The Autism Revolution
Conquering Autism
The Golden Hat
Eating an Artichoke. This one's about a boy with Asperger's
The Sensory Child Gets Organized (mention autism and other issues)
A Child's Journey Out of Autism
Healing the New Childhood Epidemics Written by a doctor.  autism and a few other issues)  The 4-A he calls them
The Spark  The boy's autistic with a high IQ and he's a math and science prodigy.
My parents watched Mercury Rising and Rain Man when I was young for grown-up movies like these, but I watched some others with them
Molly
Fielder's Choice (it was one I didn't think of until the last day of April)
Temple Grandin movie
A Mile in His Shoes
A Christmas Miracle (I think that's what it's called. There's an autistic boy in it)
Season of Miracles
End Note: I know what happened yesterday, but not a football fan. My dad is, though and his team for the night lost. He has no strong favorites in the NFL, but said he liked the Broncos for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment