Saturday, January 9, 2016

Kansas weekend

Hey folks! Here's my take on the Kansas race. Due to getting behind in my blogging combined with the NASCAR schedule being switched up, this one got lost in the shuffle somehow. This race is usually before Charlotte but was between Charlotte and 'Dega this year. The Trucks were off this weekend.




Saturday was the Xfinity race. Kyle Busch won with 56 laps led, followed by pole-sitter Matt Kenseth with 148 laps led, Joey Logano, Ty Dillon and Regan Smith. Rounding out the top-10 were Chris Buescher, Chase Elliott, Ryan, rookie Daniel Suarez and Brendan Gaughan. Jennifer Jo Cobb was 29th due to an accident on lap 138. Rookie Cole Conley was 30th after crashing out on lap 113. Korbin Forrister was 31st after an accident on lap 103.




Sunday was the Cup race. Joey Logano won with 42 laps led followed by Denny Hamlin, Jimmie Johnson with 5 laps led, Kasey Kahne and Kyle Busch.  Rounding out the top-10 were Kurt Busch, Ryan Blaney with 5 laps led, Carl Edwards with 6 laps led, pole-sitter Brad Keselowski with 28 laps led and Jeff Gordon. Matt Kenseth led 153 laps and finished 14th due to a crash with Joey Logano. Kevin Harvick led 21 laps before finishing 16th. Paul Menard was 19th with 7 laps led. Casey Mears led 2 laps before finishing 23rd.  Clint Bowyer was 40th due to crashing out on lap 170.  Austin Dillon was 41st after an accident on lap 154.


If I had done everything how I should I would've said "Kansas" where I said " 'Dega in my Charlotte post and said "Come back for my 'Dega recap." at the end of this one. As I ended up doing things, come back next time for an offseason tidbit.

2 comments:

  1. It can be hard to keep everything straight and on time, but you do a really good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have drafts, but they'll be up by the weekend.

      Delete